Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The accidental Viewing

My old neighborhood was close knit and a safe, quiet place.  So safe, in fact, that many people do not close their shades at nightfall.  Sometimes I wish they did so I would not be tempted to look in the direction of their illuminated rooms.  I really don't WANT to look; I just don't care what people are up to.  I know I do not appreciate it when people look in my windows, and I am sure they do.  The last time I forgot to pull my shades down I ended up changing my pants, as I realized I was in full view of whoever happened to be looking.


The most common window I glanced into was across the street.  A young, yet legal gentleman, who spent alot of time in his room. Perhaps working, sometimes playing music. I did enjoy his music. 

You see, as soon as I pulled in the drive way and walked to my door I was drawn to his large, revealing window as his room was so brightly lit against the darkness of evening.  It happened like a reflex.  I tried not to look, and always turned my eyes away as soon as I realize what I was doing.  He must notice the occasional stare into his room, as he began close his blinds when I entered my room, which was directly across from his.

I have never seen or heard anything scandalous, and I am glad that he was a decent man.  I learned alot about him by observation: He was an excellent musician, a hard worker at whatever it is he did for work, he took pride in his yard and kept it beautiful. I often wished he would say hello, and perhaps offer a hand of friendship, but it did not happen. In fact, I believe he avoided me. Ah well, such is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment